Hi guys, it’s taken me a while to realize that I may really need a co-founder to kick-start my startup. I’m not a very trusting person, and I’m looking for certain qualification in a co-founder that’s hard to come by. It’s been hard to find a great match, so I thought I should just do a post here.
I’ve had many ideas over the years but this one idea that I have is really great. At the same time, it’s much bigger and I don’t think I’ll be able to pull this off alone. I need a great ambitions business savvy person to team-up with and make this Startup a reality.
I’ve been to many startup events/conferences recently and it seems most investors are looking for at least 2 person team, which is another reason for a co-founder.
- 10+ years of Web Development experience
- Architected and Leaded development of 100s of systems of all levels.
- Ambitious and committed to the goal
- Have a great idea and a great Domain
- Current Role: Web Solutions Architect and Lead Developer at a major Bank.
- Easy to work with
- And of course, a Domainer
- Los Angeles based
- Business savvy co-founder with successful track record
- Have prior successful startup experience Or have a great career in your field
- Great public speaker and great at pitching ideas.
- Be able to handle all startup related documents/contracts
- Hard Worker, ambitious, entrepreneurial
- 20k+ investment – this is more than just seed money to me, it shows how committed and serious you are.
- 20-30/ hours of free time per week. You don’t have to quite your job, so this means a lot of evening/weekend work. Your personal life has to allow this, I know it’s not easy.
- Be able to meet 2-3 times a week
- Connections to potential investors ( nice to have)
I know it seems like a long list, but I really want this project to be successful. If you are interested and fit the qualifications, contact me soon. Or if you know anyone who would be a great fit, do pass this message to him/her.
We don’t have to be a 2 member team, so if you’re in LA and are interested being part of our team, contact me as well. But this is a key role and I want to fill this role before I can consider any other roles/team members.
And as always, I will keep you guys updated on the process.