Here is a list of 10 online tools for finding a domain name, checking availability and more. Usually, I don’t like going to the registrar site to check domain availability as it slows down the process. I need something that’s fast and easy and doesn’t require a lot of clicks to check for domains or get domain ideas.
- ValueDrops.com – as you all know I am the founder/developer of this site. Believe it or not, I use it myself too. It’s a great way to find 2 word .com domain for a quick flip or even a new brand. However, it’s becoming harder to hand register the better ones as more people have started using it and backordering the domains that I want, thus not allowing me to hand register some of them
- GoDaddy – I don’t really like GoDaddy’s interface, but they have a bulk domain checker, which great if you already have the list of domains you want to check/register. I usually find the domains, keep them in a notepad, then head to godady’s bulk page so I don’t have to enter them one by one. A little time saver.
- Domize – great ajax domain checker. I like their interface, lists the domains as you type.
- NameBoy – has a crappy interface, but it does do idea search for you. It searches for domains around the 2 words that you initially enter.
- Name.com – Bulk domain checker. I like this one because it has a simplified interface and name.com has some great deals in some cases.
- Seoheap – ajax powered bulk domain lookup.
- Dotomator – great for playing with words/phrases.
- Zfbot – very cool domain research tool.
- Dombuddy – another interesting domain checker / generator. Nice interface, ajax powered.
- Dyyo – if you like short domains, here is a tool for generating short domains and checking availability.
If you know any other great tools, with nice interfaces, feel free to comment.